This year, Rechartering will open Dec 1, 2023 and close Feb 9, 2024
Recharter Timeline Chart
Here is a timeline for rechartering: NOTE: All recharters must be complete by February 9, 2023
Ensure that the currently registered unit Key 3 leaders are correct in My.Scouting so they can e-approve member and charter renewals. This is essential and must be done as soon as possible since changes at this step can delay the subsequent steps.
- Today: Check that all youth and adults are currently registered with the unit in my.scouting.org and verify that YPT is current through the end of your next recharter cycle.
- November 1: Units select a member of the Key 3 to review recharter resources, and begin membership inventory.
- December 1st: Internet Recharter opens.
- December 1st to February 9th: Finalize membership roster, verify YPT, collect all fees (the recharter will show you who owes), update internet recharter roster, final review and submit units recharter. Complete and approve the on-line Unit Recharter process. This can be found by logging into Internet Advancement 2.0 and clicking on Recharter – Internet Recharter Log In
Once you have submitted your recharter, you will receive an email with a PDF that says “Unit Charter Renewal Report Package”. You need to turn this in along with your Annual Unit Charter Agreements (signed) and a check for the total amount due.
This is also a great time to pay Order of the Arrow Dues. Please have your OA members go to the link HERE
Helpful links to info for the process:
- Membership Fee Infographic
- Council Recharter Instructions/Tips/FAQ’s –MUST READ BEFORE STARTING THE PROCESS
- National Resource Training Page for Rechartering- includes a training video
- Annual Charter Agreement — (Print the form and obtain signatures and turn it in to the Scout Office)
- Memorandum of Understanding — (Print the form and obtain signatures and turn it in to the Scout Office) (Exploring Posts Only)
- Family Assistance Request Form – Use this form to request help with Youth Registration Fees. Partial payment by family/unit is requested as limited funding may be available.
- JTE (Please use the 2023 JTE Scoresheet)
- After completing recharter, the Membership Cards, Charter Certificate, and Unit Roster are processed by the Unit. You do this at: my.scouting.org
- How to Print your membership cards
- How to print your Charter Certificate
Upcoming Recharter and Membership Changes after March 1, 2024– Does NOT pertain to this recharter