Golden Spread Council Covid-19 Committee Updates- Updated 3/30/2022
The Scout Service Center is open for business Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 5:30m. Saturday hours resume per the council calendar.
Also, please refer to the “News & Announcements” section of the council website.
Our council is concerned about the safety of all of our Scouts, Scouters, Parents, and Staff. We have created several documents that address our use of camps, council camping and activities, risk statements, Medical Screenings, and cleaning guidelines.
We want you to feel comfortable sending your scout to a camp or activity within the Golden Spread Council and we feel these documents will answer most of your concerns. If at anytime you have a question or concern, please give us a call and we will try “Do our Best” to assist you. Camping is so important to Scouting and now is the time to get outdoors and enjoy.
FROM THE BSA- Feb 23, 2022 UPDATE
In-Person Unit Activities
♦ Q: Should we hold in-person Scouting meetings, outings, or activities?
We expect everyone in Scouting to follow the measures listed below, based on CDC guidance. Members, staff, and volunteers must also follow all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. In addition, we have instructed local councils to consult with their local and state health departments, and local chartered partners, to implement appropriate protocols to help keep members, volunteers, and employees safe.
- Be Responsible for your health and that of others:
- Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feel unwell.
- Do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and has not received the results.
- Practice good hand washing. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Be aware of who you are in close contact with and let them know promptly should you become sick within 48 hours of the contact.
♦ Q: What is BSA’s policy on social distancing in a tenting environment when camping?
Camping should only take place in accordance with guidelines outlined by your state and local health department and other local officials, as well as under the direction of your local BSA council and chartered organization. There is no formal national policy on social distancing in tents, just as there is no prohibition on tenting alone if logistics can accommodate that request. As always, all BSA youth protection policies must be followed as indicated in the Guide to Safe Scouting.
♦ Q. Will the National Council require a COVID-19 vaccine for participants at in-person activities or at camp in 2022?
No. We recommend that all eligible individuals receive and stay up to date with the COVID-19 vaccine in consultation with their health care provider.
We are aware of states, local councils and camps that will require all participants to be up to date with the COVID vaccine and /or test prior to attendance.
GSC Information General Information:
Pre-Event/Pre-Departure Medical Screening Checklist
NO LONGER REQUIRED AS OF 3/30/2022
(Revised Sept 29, 2021)
Cleaning and Disinfection Guidelines for Camps
Normal cleaning operations are in effect 3/30/2022
Unit Meeting and Activities Guidelines- (New 6/16)
No longer required information effective 3/30/2022
Overnight Camps and 1-Day Adventure Camps:
GSC Covid-19 Summer Programs Screening Policy and Procedures
No longer required as of 3/30/2022
In this section, we will be listing different resources for you to use when “Scouting from Home” or just want something different. We hope this helps you find everything in one place!
Golden Spread Council Scouting at Home:
- Solar Power Hamburger Cooking Demo (YouTube) (Updated 4/22)
- Scoutreach REmote- Sunshine (Updated 4/27)
- How to build a Marshmallow Catapult Video (Facebook) (Updated 4/30)
- How to make a Duct Tape Wallet (YouTube) Updated 4/30)
- Scoutreach REmote- Animals (Updated 5/4)
- How to make Slime Demo (YouTube) (Updated 5/5)
- Scoutreach REmote- Water Fun (Updated 5/11)
- Scout Law (YouTube) (Updated 5/11)
- Scout Oath (YouTube) (Updated 5/11)
- Ice Cream in a Bag (YouTube) (Updated 5/11)
- Alternative Shelter Video (Updated 5/15)
- Scoutreach REmote- NEED for SPEED (Updated 5/18)
- Knot Tying Video (YouTube)(Updated 5/18)
- Scoutreach REmote- Put it on Paper (Updated 5/28)
- Alternative Shelter Video (Updated 5/28)
- Solar Oven Cooking a Chicken (Updated 5/28)
- Scoutreach REmote- Put it on Paper (Updated 6/1)
- Scoutreach REmote-The Wellness Wheel (Updated 6/8)
- Den Leader Tips and Tricks (Updated 9/3)
Other Council Websites:
- Heart of America Council Online Merit Badges (Updated 4/3)
- Buckeye Council Home Scouting Resources (Updated 4/7)
- 30 Day Rank Challenge for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA (Updated 4/15)
- Denver Area Council Home Scouting Resources (Updated 4/21)
2022 Updates: As of February 16
- Scout Service Center is open for business. Masks are highly recommended and social distancing is required. Please do not come in the building if you or your family members are ill.
- All scheduled events, trainings, and camps are approved to continue.